SVL is an electronic magazine incorporating social media, using high definition (HD) images, productions and audio. SVL is produced utilizing a combination of staff, freelance contributors and interns.
SVL encourages participation of student interns and volunteers who seek to gain valuable experience in the media field and/or are looking to network with other professionals, community leaders and creative individuals from all facets of life. Students can also fulfill the college required community hours with SVL.
SVL is seeking interns in the following areas:
- Social Media on the Beat (FB/Tweet/Pin/Flik/Tumbl/): to attend local events, cover and message; to include photo coverage at the events.
– reporters to interview and write stories- ability to edit AP Style is a plus
– script writer for commercials and advertisements
– public relations to handle social media efforts and publicity
- Musicians/DJ for videos: music for back ground and video productions
- Actors: for video commercials, documentaries, and additional film projects
- Multimedia and Video Producers: for commercial and documentary production
- Graphic Designers: for website or printed collateral
- Photographers: must have some experience or training even if self-taught and must be using HD
- Videographers: must have some experience or training even if self-taught and must be using HD
- Event Planners: for participation in events where SVL is a partner and/or where SVL is the primary event organizer SVL currently has no physical office at this time therefore interns should have their own equipment(computer, camera, or video camera) and software programs (MS Word for example)
For intern or volunteer consideration, please submit samples of writing, photo, video, art portfolio, and/or blog. Resumes are also accepted and a brief statement telling why you are interested in the internship with Silicon Valley Latino.
The SVL Team looks forward to hearing from you.